Membership in SEAOC is included with membership in one of our regional Member Organizations (MO's). To join, select your preferred region below and you will be taken to the MO's website to complete the membership application form.
Not located or licensed in California?
If you do not live or work in the state of California, you have the option to become a "SEAOC Correspondent" instead of joining one of SEAOC's regional MO's (above). As part of its mission, SEAOC makes its technical publications and educational webinars available to everyone. An engineer, engineering student, or any design professional who doesn’t live or work in California can receive discounted rates on SEAOC publications and webinars by becoming a SEAOC Correspondent.
For just $100 per year, a SEAOC Correspondent receives:
- SEAOC publications, including our IBC Structural Seismic Design Manuals, at member discount prices (up to $60 value per edition)
- Discounted member rates on all SEAOC live and pre-recorded webinars (up to $50 value per webinar)
- Our monthly e-newsletter SEAOC Talk (for members only)
Eligibility: To be eligible, applicants cannot live or be licensed to practice engineering in the state of California. All registrations are provisional pending confirmation that applicant is not eligible for other levels of SEAOC membership.
You can't afford to pass up membership! Can your business thrive without education, legislative representation, networking, or technology? We'll show you the benefits of membership. See what SEAOC has to offer you.
Benefits and Services
Joining SEAOC gives you access to the California structural engineering community’s greatest opportunity for professional benefits and services. The following are just a few of the resources and programs available exclusively to SEAOC members:
- Government Relations
with local and state legislative/regulatory/administrative bodies
- Communications to keep you informed
including monthly local and statewide newsletters
- Discounted member pricing or free access to publications including technical/practice documents, convention proceedings, structural/seismic design manuals, and more.
- Access to educational events
to supplement many of the technical publications available
- Annual Convention/Trade Show
- SEAOC offers discounted member rates at this popular industry event.
- Opportunity to participate in the State and Regional Excellence in Engineering Awards Programs - These prestigious awards provide widespread colleague recognition.
- Visibility in the members-only online directory
and professional opportunities through state and local technical committees
- Industry Relations
- SEAOC’s staff and volunteer leaders assure that SEAOC members’ interests are represented in all industry-related issues, even those led by other professional associations. SEAOC maintains liaison activities and/or appoints a member to serve on the Board of Directors of many statewide and regional organizations, such as: the Building Seismic Safety Council (BSSC), the Applied Technology Council (ATC), the California Universities for Research in Earthquake Engineering
(CUREe) the National Council of Structural Engineers Associations (NCSEA), and the Architects & Engineers (A&E) Conference.