||Dynamic Isolation Systems
Dynamic Isolation Systems (www.dis-inc.com) is the leader in earthquake protection for buildings, bridges and equipment throughout the world. We have completed 450 projects in 23 countries. Our main products are Lead Rubber Bearings, Viscous Wall Dampers and Non-Structural Isolation Systems.
We are seeking a Project Engineer to join our talented engineering team.
This position entails working in a small technical group to prepare designs, proposals, bids, and test reports.
DIS has many new products and ongoing R&D. The project engineer will also provide technical support and design new products.
- Design and detail seismic isolation and damping systems for buildings, bridges and equipment.
- Review and preparation of isolation designs, submittals, budgets and proposals.
- Design, detail and test new products.
- Interface with customers during project development and execution.
- Preparation of design submittals and test reports.
- Technical support for sales enquiries.
- Production engineering support.
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering degree with an emphasis on structural engineering, a Master’s degree is preferred.
- Familiarity with current codes including ASCE 7 and AASHTO.
- Ability to read and learn other codes as necessary.
- Experience using industry software, including SAP2000, ETABS, Mathcad, AutoCAD.
- Strong computer skills, MS Office applications, primarily MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be fluent in speaking and writing English. Spanish is a plus.
- Pre-employment drug screen required.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Salary range will be disclosed upon request. We offer excellent benefits including 100% paid medical/dental insurance for the employee, PLT (paid leave time), and a 401K plan with employer matching.
Dynamic Isolation Systems
DIS is located close to Reno, NV. The area has unlimited outdoor activities from hiking and skiing to fishing and hunting. The city has many major events throughout the year. It is a great place to raise a family with excellent schools and an affordable cost of living. The company will assist with relocation to the area.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org